Welcome to Sunnyside Spencer Academy!
Everything we do at Sunnyside is about providing our children with an excellent education and enriching experiences to promote a love of learning. Our aim for our school community is for all to grow and shine!
We think Sunnyside is a very special place to be because of our wonderful children. We strive to provide the very highest standards of education within a caring, exciting and stimulating environment. We want our children to be excited by the curriculum and challenged to achieve their full potential. We want our children to enjoy their learning and feel valued. By working closely with our parents and governors, we ensure that all our children have an excellent start to their educational journey.
Sunnyside is a community that:
- Is aspirational and successful in meeting high expectations.
- Promotes happiness through being kind, supportive and empathetic towards others.
- Together will achieve independent life long learners.
- Provides a nurturing environment which develops positive, tolerant, resilient citizens.
- Enriches the lives of all.
We hope that our website captures the spirit of Sunnyside and the rich and varied opportunities children receive at our school.
Parents/Carers are warmly welcomed to come in and help so please drop in and chat to a member of staff.
Shamara Sadler (Principal)
- 5th November 2018
- Children in Need Day Movie Night
- Fantastic Mr Fox WOW Meeting
- Catering Update - October 2018
- Half Term After-School Sports Clubs
- 22nd October 2018
- KS2 Holiday Club
- FS2 & KS1 Holiday Club
- Family Quiz Night
- 15th October 2018
- Chetwynd Home Visit
- Cross Country Competition
- Robin Hood & Snowdome Trips
- 8th October 2018
- Cooking Club
- Young Voices Choir Concert
- Looking for Football Players
- Alive 'N' Kicking - Healthy Lifestyle Programme
- Music Lessons
- Parent Governor Vacancy
- Badminton Competition
- Basketball Competition
- Bonfire Special - SAT Catering
- Extended Schools Clubs 2018-19
- After School Sports
- 1st October 2018
- Forest School for Acorns
- Forest School for Little Acorns
- Forest School for Cherry Tree
- Forest School for Cherry Blossom
- Pupil Learning Conferences
- Hagg Farm
- 24th September 2018
- 17th September 2018
- Music Lessons
- 10th September 2018
- Year 6 Safety Zone at Holme Pierrepont
- Year 6 Swimming
Year 1 & 2
- Year 1 & 2 Autumn 2 Curriculum Map
- Year 1 & 2 Autumn 1 Curriculum Map
- Year 1 & 2 Yearly Learning Jouney
Year 3 & 4
- Year 3 & 4 Autumn 2 Curriculum Map
- Year 3 & 4 Yearly Learning Journey
- Year 3 & 4 Autumn 1 Curriculum Map
Year 5 & 6
- Year 5 & 6 Autumn 2 Curriculum Map
- Year 5 & 6 Autumn 1 Curriculum Map
- Year 5 & 6 Yearly Learning Journey
I am a staff governor and I have worked for Sunnyside Spencer Academy since 2015. I have experience of teaching varies year groups, in both KS1 and KS2 and I am currently the Y2 teacher.
I am also a designated person for Safeguarding and Sunnyside and I am committed to children’s welfare, safety and happiness.
I am part of the leadership group for Global and Cultural subjects including, history, geography and RE and I am also responsible for developing and promoting writing in KS1. In addition to this, I am leading the Glee Club/Choir in school.
I am fairly new to the Governor role and I look forward to being involved in improving the school and learning for our children even further.
Whilst Sunnyside Spencer Academy do not make use of any cookie data, it is possible that some information may still be stored.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your machine to help the site provide a better user experience. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences or provide anonymised tracking data to applications such as Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others.
The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.